A Blog post without comments is meant to be a private post. Blogger has a right to block or close the comments on a page or post. If a blogger want users to do comments on that post or page, he can simply active it while editing that particular post. Closing comments on a blog post doesn't affect a blog or comment settings.
If you use blogger, you can choose post options to allow or don't allow existing or hide existing comments.
Steps to Close Comments on a Blog Post
- Login to your Blogger dashboard.
- Choose a particular post/ New post or page to close comments system.
- Click the "Edit" link under the post/pages.
- On right side you can see post settings –> scroll down where you see Options.
- Click options and choose your option as "Don’t allow, show existing” or “Don’t allow, hide existing comments".
- Click Done and then Publish/Update your blog post/page.
After you have done with all the steps, go and view the page/posts whether it is working or not.